Tuesday 31 December 2019

December Wrap Up


For the final time this year I am summarising which books made it from my TBR pile this month.  I've still been struggling to get into the reading groove this month and haven't managed to tackle as many books as I would have liked.  I don't think I will hit my target on the goodreads challenge either this year for the first time since I started setting a target. Never mind, it's more about enjoying the books than hitting big numbers and I have enjoyed all that I have read.  Reviews will be posted (if they haven't already been) so you can read my thoughts on each of the books.


Date Night by Samantha Hayes
Published by Bookouture
Publication Date: 20 August 2019
Psychological Thriller

Returning early from a disastrous date night with my husband, I know something is wrong the moment the wheels crunch the gravel drive of our home. Inside, the TV is on and a half-eaten meal waits on the table. My heart stops when I find our little girl is alone in the house and our babysitter, Sasha, is missing…

Days later, when I’m arrested for Sasha’s murder and torn away from my perfect little family, I’ll wish I had told someone about the threatening note I received that morning.

I’ll hate myself for not finding out who the gift hidden inside my husband’s wardrobe was for.

I’ll scream from the rooftops that I’m innocent – but no one will listen.

I will realise I was completely wrong about everything that happened that night…

But will you believe me?



The Missing Letters of Mrs Bright by Beth Miller
Published by Bookouture
Publication Date: 9th January 2020
Womens Fiction

Sometimes it takes losing something to see where you truly belong.

For the past twenty-nine years, Kay Bright’s days have had a familiar rhythm: she works in her husband’s stationery shop hoping to finally sell the legendary gold pen, cooks for her family, tries to remember to practice yoga, and every other month she writes to her best friend, Ursula. Kay could set her calendar by their letters: her heart lifts when the blue airmail envelope, addressed in Ursula’s slanting handwriting, falls gently onto the mat.

But now Ursula has stopped writing and everything is a little bit worse.

Ursula is the only one who knows Kay’s deepest secret, something that happened decades ago that could tear Kay’s life apart today. She has always been the person Kay relies on.

Worried, Kay gets out her shoebox of Ursula’s letters and as she reads, her unease starts to grow. And then at ten o’clock in the morning, Kay walks out of her yellow front door with just a rucksack, leaving her wedding ring on the table...



Canal Pushers by Andy Griffee
Published by Orphans Publishing
Publication Date: 2nd May 2019
Thriller

Could a serial killer be stalking the waterways? Jack Johnson, newly divorced ex-journalist with a talent for trouble, takes a stranger on board his new narrow boat ... and is soon caught up in a hunt for a serial killer, tangling with organised crime and on the run from the media. New crime thriller series perfect for fans of Dick Francis.


My One Month Marriage by Shari Low
Published by Boldwood Books
Publication Date: 21st January 2020
Womens Fiction

“I just need to know...which one of you slept with my husband?”

You know that "till death do us part" bit in the wedding vows? Well, Zoe Danton believed it. One month after she said “I do”, the man she loved is gone, given his marching orders after Zoe discovered a devastating secret.
As teenagers facing a crushing loss, Zoe made a pact with her three sisters to stick together no matter what. Now she’s discovered that one of them may have been the reason her husband betrayed her. She’s lost her happy-ever-after, but has she lost a sister too? 


Taking The Titanic by James Patterson
Published by Bookshots
Publication Date: 3rd November 2016
Short Story/Thriller

The greatest story in modern history has a new chapter...
Posing as newlyweds, two ruthless thieves board the Titanic to rob its well-heeled passengers. But an even more shocking plan is afoot – a sensational scheme that could alter the fate of the world's most famous ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment