Sunday 6 August 2023

I may have a little book-buying problem...

Or there again (as is my argument) I just don't have enough storage space or hours in the day to read!


With access to books being pretty easy in my world, I can say I am extremely lucky compared to others, and having a partner who, while he doesn't turn a blind eye to the number of books which randomly appear in our home, gently reminds me on a regular basis that I do actually need to read some of them before our house either explodes, or turns from a house into a bungalow. It seems that the saying that book buying and book reading being two different hobbies finds a lot of truth in my case.

I have to admit to having been rather extravagant lately; these are new books which I have treated myself to as they were just too tempting to leave behind.



I just HAD to buy the signed copy of Jack Jordan's Conviction at Waterstones in Greenwich as a reminder of my trip to London!






Then there are the preloved books which have made their way into my possession recently, whether from charity shops or passed on to me by friends. These have certainly made an impact on my TBR pile and made it rather precarious!




And to put the cherry on the top of the pile, I had reserved a few books from my local library at various points recently as I was increasingly aware of how many I'd bought, and a few of them also arrived all at the same time. 




So basically, I need to put the brakes on my buying/loaning of books and actually crack on and read as many of them as is humanly possible. In my defence I have stopped looking at the new issues available via NetGalley as I know I cannot realistically fit any of them in by their deadlines, so it wouldn't be right to request anything for the foreseeable future and I've set up a new photo folder on my phone where I add pictures of the books I'm interested in rather than just rushing out to buy them or reserving them at the library. 

I will endeavour to add my thoughts and recommendations to my blog page as much as possible but please excuse me if this slips a bit while I try and play catch-up for a while.

1 comment: